The Davenport Follies present "Doomsday Cabaret" ~ December 9 ~ Davenport & Winkleperry in Pittsboro, NC
Produced by Sara Beaman http://www.sarabeaman.com
CALL FOR PERFORMERS
We are looking for circus arts performers, variety/vaudeville performers, burlesque dancers and other acts to perform steampunk, dieselpunk, and vintage themed performances at this exciting event.
Performances must be 5 minutes in length OR LESS.
Unfortunately, due to the nature of the venue, we cannot accommodate fire, aerials, performances with live animals, or troupes larger than five people.
NOTE: Our spots allocated to bellydance are full. We are taking bellydance applications on a waitlist basis. We are still actively seeking other variety performers.
We hope to present a dynamic show with a coherent theme. Performers will be selected for their talent, their creativity and their adherence to the theme. Don't be afraid to submit outlandish ideas.
This is a paid gig. All performers will get an equal share of the intake.
Please apply to perform by contacting Sara Beaman via email: firstname.lastname@example.org . You MUST email Sara in order for your application to be considered as such. Facebook messages do not count. Comments on the blog do not count. &etc.
As part of your performance application, consider including any of the following info as it applies to your performance:
- Your performance background
- Your stage name
- Your website, YouTube profile, Facebook page, Myspace page etc.
- How you plan on integrating the theme of the show into your perfomance via your costuming, music and other creative choices
- The title and theme of your performance (even if it's just a loose plan)
- Links to specific videos that showcase your talent, even if they are not in theme
Please review the Submission Guidelines before applying.
The deadline to apply to perform is OCTOBER 15, 2011 or when the lineup is full, whichever comes first.
Applicants will hear back about their status no more than 5 days after they submit.
CALL FOR ASSISTANCE
We are looking for help with the following tasks, most of which can be done before the show and would take less than 2 hours of effort:
- Distributing this note throughout Facebook
- Distributing future event links throughout social networking sites
- Word-of-mouth promotion
- Flyering in Pittsboro, Carrboro, Hillsborough, Chapel Hill and Durham (some time in late November)
- Photography during the show
- Videography during the show
- Running the music during the show
- Assisting with website and flyer design
- Assisting with program design
- Program printing and folding (some time in late November)
If you'd like to help with any of the tasks in italics, please contact email@example.com .
For the other tasks, just have at it.
CALL FOR SPONSORS
Please contact Sara if you are interested in sponsoring the show and/or having an advertisement placed in our program.
Thank you for your support! I hope to see you at the Doomsday Cabaret!